Superbrands East Africa Awards Highlights
Top East African brands volume revealed by Superbrand’s East Africa
Superbrands East Africa celebrated 40 of the region’s top brands at a Tribute Awards Ceremony held on Thursday 31st March 2022 in Nairobi, Kenya. The evening was a celebration of the leading brands that persevered and broke boundaries despite the COVID19 pandemic.
Hosted by prominent media personality, Sheila Mwanyigha. In attendance were over 150 captains of industry, CEO’s, decision makers, high profile media and influencers.
Brands recognised in this 7th edition were derived from a 100% consumer insights survey conducted by TNS Kantar. Insights from the survey reflect current consumer sentiment of:
1. Opting for more affordable brands because of budget constraints brought about by job losses or pay cuts related to COVID19. More than 60% opting to go out of their way in search of best prices.
2. 77% of consumers were driven towards brands ‘with purpose’. Those that were committed to supporting communities in a meaningful capacity.
3. Gravitation towards betting and gambling in search of ‘quick money’ despite local industry turmoil and crackdown.
The listing covered 12 diverse industries across the 3 East African countries: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. Each brand leader was called on stage to receive their award.
This year, and for the first time since its 2006 inception in East Africa, the program introduced the ‘Superbrands Personality of The Year Award’. The accolade was presented to leading Kenyan sporting hero and legend, Kipchoge Keino. A book cover was especially created for him and unveiled during the event.
Brand experience touch points:
· This year our theme was to bring to life our Superbrands through video and digital animation including: Unveiling the 2022 edition, introduction videos and the video announcing our Personality of The Year.
. Drinks and CEO videos partnership with World’s Most Awarded Single Malt Whisky brand, Glenfiddich.
· An installation of winning brand logos set-up to highlight and celebrate them as the true stars of the evening.
· Life-size covers of brands that had paid for specific Superbrands Book covers were on display.
· A dedicated photoroom set-up for winners to capture their awards with their team. The photo system was integrated to social media for immediate sharing and print outs handed out on the spot.
· In continuation of our highly successful Superbrands EA CEO Interview series, a video room was set-up on the day for industry leaders to share their insights on best practice and thought leadership. This content will be released on the Superbrands EA social media and Youtube pages.